Thursday, April 30, 2009

Busy and Tired

It's been a busy week. Our weekend was nice. Saturday, friends came and took the kid for the day, so my husband and I just took it easy. We did very little, other than enjoy each others company, take a nap and have a nice grilled dinner. It was the closest thing we've had to a date in a very long time.

Sunday we got down to business, though. We got a lot accomplished in a surprisingly short amount of time. We have plans to get a pair of Nigerian Dwarf does, so before we can go out and find those girls we need to get a place fixed up for them. We decided that our big shed would work for a goat barn, but there was a lot of stuff that needed to come out of it and either get burned, taken to the dump or put elsewhere. Long story short, we had to clean the garage so that we would have a place to put the crap that came out of the shed so that the goats will have a place to live in the house that jack built.... I mean , so that we can finish the inside so that it is goat worthy. What we got done so far is a pretty clean shed (could use a good sweep), a garage that has one table full of stuff still awaiting it's new destination, a tuck load of crap went to the dump, a big pile of old useless building supplies got burned and a truck full of stuff that has not yet made it to the thrift store.

I was whupped on Monday, but I forced myself to put together a place to do some painting. That required some furniture moving, dusting, vacuuming and sweating and swearing. But I got it done. My easel is up my pallet and brushes are out, my pens, pencils, tubes of paint, charcoal, sketch pads and all are OUT. IN MY FACE. I haven't done anything with them yet... hopefully I can make one small gesture to at least sketch tonight.

The past few days have been baking days. I had to wait for my Azure order to come in before I could get caught back up. I made granola, cookies, pudding, bread and crackers. I bought some virgin coconut oil and chipped coconut to use in my granola, it is soo good! Smells and tastes wonderful. Then I decided to use some of the coconut oil to replace half of the butter in my cookies, very tasty. Next, I think I will try making coconut tapioca pudding, using coconut milk instead of reg. milk, and topping with fresh pineapple. yummy.

I've been working on a post about our chicken tractor, it's about half done and is taking longer than I would have thought. My kid said she knew a goat that might be interested in seeing some pictures. Hopefully I should have that done in the next few days if all goes well.

That's it for tonight. I'm off to listen to an audio book, "The Little Giant of Aberdeen County", and sketch. Wish me luck!


Pricilla said...

This goat would love to see photos as the male person just came home with a truckload of wood to make some chicken tractors for the chicks in the basement.

The publicist's mother was an artist. She painted in oils. The publicist misses the smells....

Heather said...

Thanks for stopping by Pricilla. I'll try to have that post up real soon.

I've painted in oil, but not as often as I would like. I don't quite have the right set up for it yet. I get pretty messy with just watercolor, so oils is out of the question.