Sunday, May 24, 2009

Movin' Right Along.....

... footloose and fancy free... (name that movie).

Other than my recent pity party, things are actually going fairly well.

This was the last week of my daughters curriculum (ALL of us were SO ready for school to be over).

Starting this week my husband has 2 weeks off. It is mandatory and not paid, but we are going to make the best of it. We will probably go on some local trips a.k.a. "Timmy Adventures". A "Timmy Adventure" is an outing completely planned by my husband that usually has at least one catastrophe in it. Like the one time we went for a hike to check out some old cave and I ended up sprayed with bear spray. I may just have to do some "Timmy Adventure" posts.

Art group is proving to be fun and getting me pumped up to produce some work. A gal from the group and I are challenging each other to produce something and bring it to the next months meeting. Last month we challenged each other to bring at least 1 painting to show. I was proud I had 2.5 to bring and I have painted one more since then (I'll be posting these later). This months challenge is to pick a subject to paint and to paint it 3 times using different media or technique. I'm excited, now I just need to pick my subject.

We got our garden in it looks so nice. I filled the whole garden... and last year I said I wasn't going to do a garden again, and then early spring I thought I'd only do a few tomatoes and some chard, maybe some potatoes. It is full, I filled it with chard, spinach, carrots, parsnips, tomatoes, strawberries, onions, broccoli, lettuce, zucchini, and squash. I forgot the potatoes, may still do them if I can figure out the barrel method of growing them and I come across some seed potatoes.


I got my girl signed up for swim team once again, and we are all excited about that. She had to quit her old team do to the cost and worries about my husbands job security. We found a team that just swims in the summer and the cost was just a fraction of what we were paying before, so that is wonderful. So she will be swimming every morning and when we can afford the trip she will be doing meets every weekend all over Montana, all summer. That promises to be fun, we'll take our pop-up and fishing poles and make the most of the trips.




Today we are ripping out brush to put up a fence for our 'someday' goats. We started on it yesterday, and like a genius I wore shorts and a tank top. I got pretty scratched up from the rose bushes and all that other crap growing back there. I know the goats would love to eat all this stuff we are ripping out, but it's gotta be done to put in the fence.

So what are you up to these days?

3 comments:

brokenteepee said...

Sounds like a busy time. The garden is going in here too. So far the spinach, broccoli, cauliflower,brussels sprouts and I think corn are in. The tomatoes, peppers, snow peas and beans go in tomorrow. Oh and the onions. The horseradish is growing too.

Lots of work ahead in the kitchen....

I left a message for my friend but haven't heard back yet. This is not surprising. They go off to see family a lot on the weekends.

Debbie said...

Isn't it great to have more relaxed time together?

Julia said...

Wow on your vegetable list. Are they covered due to threat of cold?? Or just to keep them over all warmer?

Painting...do show and tell!